The first step in the home building journey is selecting the right builder. This decision will lead you through a successful journey to your new dream home. This may be one of the largest investments you will make in life. Asking the right questions will help you feel confident in your decision.
Here are 15 basic questions to begin your building process:
- How many years have you been in business?
- How many homes have you built?
- How would you compare yourself to other builders?
- What are the most important benefits of the homes you build?
- What type of home warranty do you offer?
- Can you provide me with references from prior home buyers?
- Do you build only supplied plans or could I provide my own?
- What standard features do your homes include?
- What options and upgrades can I select?
- Who will oversee the construction of my home and who should I contact during that phase?
- How and when can I make changes before and during construction?
- How and when will the final price of my home be determined?
- How often will I have access to my home during construction?
- Does the community have an HOA? If so, what are the details and costs associated?
- What is the final walk-through process like?
This list is a great guide and starting point to help select a homebuilder that is right for you. Create additional questions based on your personalized dream home that you would like to build. Eddy Homes has been building luxury homes since 1971. We have the knowledge and expertise to help answer your questions and build your next dream home!